Thursday, October 16, 2008

Grid Assignment overview and comments

I enjoyed seeing everyone's grid art projects. There were many interesting ideas and concepts that I had not even thought of. For my grid art project, I used two mirrors, which I glued together and then used a screen (grid) to create a triangle. No matter how you look into the mirrors, whatever is reflected will be a grid. "The World as a Grid"
Below, are my thoughts on everyones projects:
Victor- He hit the nail on the head by using a fryer top to simulate a pac man head. The colors stuck out and added interest to the piece.
Colleen- Her interpretation of the eye on a grid was awesome and the scale of the piece added excitement.
Brendan Wallace- His chinese wave was also a good representation of the grid in art, it looked like he put a lot of time into it.
McKayla- Her mosaic lamp was beautiful, and also a good idea for incorporating a grid into an everyday piece. I just wish I could have seen it lit up.
Ryan- I could see where he was going as far as the grid was concerned, however, he missed the mark a bit; he should have exploited the grid a little bit more.
Josh- His coffee ground girraff was AWESOME, i wish I could have seen it in "real life" instead of the computer.
Perri- The lollipop was a gorgeous piece of artwork and it was a creative idea. The grid is something we see everyday, however she really used her creativity to make it into another type of piece.
Stacey- Her butterfly was very cool, although she did not use a pre-existing grid, she put a lot of work and creativity into creating her own, unique butterfly.
Berni- This was actaully the first thing that came to my mind when Echeverry was explaining the project. I used to do this project all the time when I was younger. Very good use of colors.
Matthew- The guitar on the man-made grid was creative, however, I wish the grid itself was a bit more "in your face" and more obvious. Pretty interesting none the less.
Adam Bass- Very Very cool. The lights are something that I wish I could have done; however, I would not have known how. Inspiring.
Murad- His foam matt was a good, solid, basic example of grid art.
Ashley- Her shoe design missed the mark a bit as far as the grid is concerned. I can see the grid on the canvas, but the shoe confused me.
Shawn- His chess set was a creative idea. The use of his name incorporated the grid in movement which I enjoyed.

1 comment:

Santiago said...

Please post your pictures!!!!